Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My favorite quote from today's NY Times

From the article about the PR roll-out of Bush's surge, AKA escalation, AKA the New Way Forward:

“It’s not just one speech,” the official said. “This is so complicated you couldn’t do it all in one speech. So there will be an ongoing and sustained effort to educate the American people.”

Wow. I'm really going to have to work hard to understand everything the Prez is doing. Hope he stays patient with us all. Maybe I should stay in tomorrow night, because if I miss The Speech, I'll be behind an' everything.

UPDATE: My wife says no problem; we can just ask for Surge Help on Thursday morning if we need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That official was not joking about the proposal being complicated. I saw the speech, listened as carefully as possible and I still do not understand the basis for the troop surge. I guess the proposal is geared toward physicists and MacArthur Grant recipients and not toward intellectual lightweight tax attorneys like myself.