Thursday, August 14, 2008

Guiltier pleasures

OK, I admit it. I have been watching and enjoying Project Runway lately. It's especially helpful when I need to get through a bunch of exercises designed to prevent recurrence of any of the six main injuries that have cost me substantial tennis-playing time in recent years. But with the convenience of Tivo I would probably watch it for a season or two in any event.

This past Monday night, however, I sank to depths previously unimagined by watching the Bravo reality show "Date My Ex - Jo and Slade" while running through my exercises. (OK, let's be honest - I've actually tuned in, for half to three-quarters of the program, on each of the last 2 Mondays.)

For sleaziness, stupidity, triviality, excruciating vapidity, and idiotic contrivance, "Date My Ex - Jo and Slade" is truly off the charts. It's pathetic. I don't see how any self-respecting, even moderately intelligent and discriminating person could watch it.

But self-respect is overrated, isn't it? And next Monday is already approaching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Favorite quote from Project Runway?
Upon returning from a parent's funeral the young woman was told:
"sometimes you just have 'Model' through life's problems" but now that I think about it the show may actually have been America's Next Top Model.
Oh the humanity.