Saturday, October 19, 2013

New (or should I say old) music

"We put a lot of energy and effort into making this album.  Hard work?  Not at all.  We don't work music, we play it!  Cheers to you.  Love, Paul."

OK, I admit it.  Buoyed by Pitchfork's 7.8 rating, I (legally) downloaded the new McCartney album.  It's actually pretty good.  Energetic, fresh-sounding though very recognizable, and it truly does sound in tune with the above quote.  At age 71, he appears to have retained a lot of his basic musical talent (although of course he won't be adding to the past's very greatest high points).  He also appears to have overcome the bouts of excruciating lapses in taste that plagued him every now and then even in the Beatles years and then during most of his solo career.

In news of a less dated musical interest, I'm very much looking forward to what I believe are seats near the front at the Fiona Apple concert in NYC on Tuesday.  Hopefully she'll get through it fine and no innocent well-wishers (or others) will set her off.

3 comments:

alex xander said...

Downloading ringtones for iPhone is essential for many users as well as expressing their personality on the device. So, with the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X you know how to create your own ringtone to your liking? Ringtones for iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X are simple to download and easy to download even if you do not know much about it: https://ringtonedownload.in/

This is the most popular ringtone in 2018, you can refer and set up your mobile phone:

- Dil Diyan Gallan ringtones
- Iphone Nokia ringtones
- Flute ringtones
- Best – bansuri ringtones
- Telugu ringtones

Also, you can refer to telugu music here: Telugu ringtones

I need your comment to change my ringtone. Ringtones are free with everyone when installed at my home page. Share to get the most favorite ringtone. thank you!

Sophie Grace said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. Go with site webstagram to see top hashtag on instagram.

Unknown said...

Yesterday my boiler was bad. I was very upset. My friend told me about the gate bowler repair. His service was very good.In fact, their service is very good and they reduce it very well. Gas Boiler Installation